How to reload settings to my computer from DSP 30

Post your Signal Manager and DCM Manager questions here.

Moderators: Cameron Shoffner, Christian Cook, Kirk Fyvie, Martin Barbour, Fred Thomke, Gary Evans_QSC, Chris Brouelette

• How do I upload my current settings from my DSP? When I use a different computer to interface, it shows the generic presets that come with the software on the computer. Now when I change to a different preset, it is applying the right settings, but it switches on the computer the the generic preset that came with the software. Is there a something I am missing??

Thanks Brad
    Badwns83

• Hello Brad,

I believe what is happening is that the configuration which was applied to the DSP (and is currently running in the DSP) was created in the generic configuration called “Preset Xâ€
    Brad Sambrano
    Systems Support Engineer
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Brad Sambrano
    QSC Audio Products

• I've got a similar problem, trying to get the existing configurations out of an installed DSP-30.

Are you saying that it's not possible to get a configuration back from a DSP-30 unless you also have the original config file on your computer?
    Scodiddly

• Hi Scott

Yes, the configuration file (graphical representation) which was used to create the signal processing residing in the DSP-30 is needed to show you what the path is.
    Brad Sambrano
    Systems Support Engineer
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Brad Sambrano
    QSC Audio Products

• Well, that's disappointing. This particular instance isn't especially critical, but as somebody who's had to clean up more than one mess left by an original installer I find this limitation to be rather serious.

Does this same problem exist with the newer stuff? I went to the Q's Control seminar recently and while the tech is extremely cool, I'd be leery of installing anything where the settings couldn't be incrementally updated a few years down the road (when the facility has lost the original paperwork, etc.).
    Scodiddly

• The DSP-3, DSP-4 and DSP-30 are the products that have this issue.

The QSControl products store their “configuration graphicsâ€
    Brad Sambrano
    Systems Support Engineer
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Brad Sambrano
    QSC Audio Products

Return to Software - Signal Manager and DCM Manager Support

Information