K12 and Ksub, unbalanced problems

Report general bugs and strange behaviors you encounter while using your QSC system.

Moderators: Cameron Shoffner, Christian Cook, Kirk Fyvie, Martin Barbour, Fred Thomke, Gary Evans_QSC, Chris Brouelette

Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:03 pm

• Hi QSC guys, still having that weird unbalanced versus balanced cabling problem, on the K12's. I forgot my balanced cables last week and had to borrow #2 1/4" unbalanced cables (coming from the Roland VR-760), and lo and behold, half way through the 2nd set, my right speaker went down (out). I pulled the cable out, let it sit for 2 songs , replugged and it & made it the last set, but I was more conservative with my volume (I was also playing left handed bass).Just weird, gotta remember the balanced cables...Also, just ordered the Ksub (left hand bass, etc...)sooooooooooo, can I plug my 2 keyboards into the left and right K12's to mix the 2 keyboards, then take the summed outputs of the K12's via XLR and go L&R into the Ksub? Does the K12 pass full signal when in the 'sub' setting on the eq?
    dawesguy

• AHhhh.... Left-handed bass players give us the toughest questions!! (But you're the only ones in your "right" minds!)

I'm not sure exactly what happened with the unbalanced 1/4" connections. It's possible, I suppose, that you were overdriving the speakers to the point they went into a thermal protect, but I'm unsure. By deduction, if you were then "babying" the signal to get through the rest of the gig I think this might have been the case of too much front-end signal. Do you recall where you had the Line/Mic switch set?

Regarding your wiring plans with the KSub:
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, sorry. Can you reply, either here on the forum or to me directly via my email below, with a simple diagram? I want to make sure I understand what you are asking.

Regards,
    - - fred
    Fred Thomke
    NO PRIVATE MESSAGES, PLEASE (use email address)
    Application Engineering Team
    Systems Support - Senior
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    +1-800-QSC-AUDIO Tech Support
    +1-800-854-4079 Sales
    fred.thomke@qsc.com

Fred Thomke
    QSC Audio Products

Return to Software—Bug Reports

Information