Venue Manager 3.20.127

Report general bugs and strange behaviors you encounter while using your QSC system.

Moderators: Cameron Shoffner, Christian Cook, Kirk Fyvie, Martin Barbour, Fred Thomke, Gary Evans_QSC, Chris Brouelette

Sat May 15, 2010 2:44 am

• I think I may have located a small problem with this build of venue manager. It relates to the input gain controls and pad buttons on a 522ua.

If the input gain controls and pad buttons are copied on to a QSCreator panel, when using the panel the indicated control range of the input gain control only changes for channel 1's pad button, i.e the channel 2 pad button does not alter the indicated range of channel 2's input gain control, likewise for inputs 3 through to 8. See image below

I don't know if you are already aware of this.

Cheers
    Jeff
    Attachments
    Input gain and pads.jpg
    Input gain and pads.jpg (85.21 KiB) Viewed 3867 times
    Jeff Marsh

Mon May 17, 2010 10:43 am

• Hello Jeff,

First, our apologies for the problem you are experiencing. Yep, it IS a bug. This was supposed to have been fixed prior to v3.1, but obviously it was not. This is entirely cosmetic, meaning the pad and knob WILL work as expected, but if you choose to display the text value of the knob the value is "off" by 29 dB. It's explained in the ReadMe file under "Pre-Existing and Known Issues for v3.0".

Engineering has just now issued a fix this, and the fix will show up in the next release of Venue Manager. However, if you cannot wait for that build (it may be a number of weeks after today before the full build is available) you may email me directly and I will send you a drop-in replacement DLL. It is a very simple fix.

Regards,
    Fred Thomke
    NO PRIVATE MESSAGES, PLEASE (use email address)
    Application Engineering Team
    Systems Support - Senior
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    +1-800-QSC-AUDIO Tech Support
    +1-800-854-4079 Sales
    fred.thomke@qsc.com

Fred Thomke
    QSC Audio Products

Return to Software—Bug Reports

Information