Feature Request TouchMix 8 and 16

Community discussion about QSC’s TouchMix-8, TouchMix-16, and TouchMix-30 compact digital mixers

Moderators: Brad Zell, Bob Lee, Gary Evans_QSC, Chris Brouelette, JasonFernandez

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:48 pm

• Hey QSC:
    Kudos on the new TouchMix 30. Hope you sell lots of them!

I watched a couple of the How To videos on the 30 and want to request some of those features (and others) for my TouchMix 8. Here they are in no particular order:
    Dynamic notch filter setting. Nicely done on the 30.
    Touch and drag WYSIWYG PEQ adjustment, even if just on the iPad app
    PEQ option for outputs, not GEQ only
    Copy and Paste, even if only programmable on user buttons
    Full compression on outputs, not just 5:1 to infinity:1

Bye for now.
    rcarbaugh1
    rcarbaugh1
    Rookie

• Hi, why are there all of these factory presets for the instrument presets and FX
    is it not a complete waist of memory having lists of factory presets when this memory could be used for something else.
    For example with the Lush Reverb FX there are eight factory presets surely one preset is enough?
    With the Chorus factory preset there is only one?
    As for these factory FX presets they're adjusted anyway and saved so that they fit with a particular song.
    With the QSC mixer these factory presets are of course of great value if the user is a complete novice mixing with the QSC, but with experience these factory presets are I feel to very useful

What I would like to see is a Firmware update so we the user have a choice of either having these presets or not.
    ghostman
    Possibly an old pro

• Also forgot to add to my last post, the list of mixer Factory scenes could be removed including the factory list box where these scenes are held so that you have internal and External lists only.
    ghostman
    Possibly an old pro

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:38 am

• More control over the compressor knee would be useful.

To add here about the knee In, is the info correct?
    "(engaged) as the threshold is crossed."

With a soft knee this is engaged below the threshold and not during or after it is crossed.
    ghostman
    Possibly an old pro

• I have a couple of requests, reiterating some of those previously provided:

1) split the Mains so eq, fx, etc. can be applied separately to L/R
    2) allow user to determine fader that stays locked on the right side of the screen
    3) when entering the passwords on the security screen, have the option to display the password before it is entered. My fat fingers don't always hit the right keys.
    4) battery backup
    5) colored channels
    skywaterbanjo

• I agree with you skywaterbanjo, with this separating the Main L/R.

Maybe split the Main L/R filter to be able to Notch out individual speaker frequency issues, which is a annoying problem I have and I'm sure most people have.
    ghostman
    Possibly an old pro

• When we first buy and switch on the QSC mixer, lauguages is part of the default menu, but I feel is something that should be removed from the menu with software upgrade, as language isn't something that we change too often. So I feel having a setup button plus six different lauguages in the QSC menu is a waist of memory and completely unnecessary.
    Having a Demo mode is all well and good when selling the QSC as a display model in a store window but also something that we are able to remove with software upgrades.

Anyone reading have any thoughts here on why we should keep these?
    ghostman
    Possibly an old pro

• As previous wrote, a variable compressor knee is a MUST UPDATE, that enables control over dynamics below the threshold at variable ratios, which is the function of the knee, and not just a hard or a soft knee, Please.
    ghostman
    Possibly an old pro

• ghostman wrote:Hi, why are there all of these factory presets for the instrument presets and FX
    is it not a complete waist of memory having lists of factory presets when this memory could be used for something else.
    For example with the Lush Reverb FX there are eight factory presets surely one preset is enough?
    With the Chorus factory preset there is only one?
    As for these factory FX presets they're adjusted anyway and saved so that they fit with a particular song.
    With the QSC mixer these factory presets are of course of great value if the user is a complete novice mixing with the QSC, but with experience these factory presets are I feel to very useful

What I would like to see is a Firmware update so we the user have a choice of either having these presets or not.

To add to my last message, check - Mixing With EQ - Top 3 EQ Mistakes - TheRecordingRevolution.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMmJzhc ... tu.be&t=54

Why not remove them from the QSC Touchmix memory and add them to the QSC website for individual download.

Far more sensible use of memory.
    By doing it this way, QSC can have the option to add more presets, different instruments, etc. without affecting memory usage and processor speeds.
    Its so simple, and makes total sense, and I'm absolutely confused why its not been done this way.
    ghostman
    Possibly an old pro

• There used to be a TM8/16 request thread that ran to 20+ pages here. It disappeared many months ago, which made me hopeful that an update was due soon, but I'm still waiting.
    IIRC, a lot of the suggestions were discounted because there's a limit to what the processor can do, and they're already at or close to that limit.

Anyway, here's some of my thoughts on the matter...

- Variable knee on the compressor. Yep, like it. Should be possible without much (if any) extra processing demands.
    - I'd want to be able to choose between parametric and graphic EQs on the outputs. Having both would need extra processing which we might not have.
    - Coloured scribblestrips. Easy enough, no extra processing needed. Just something by the keyboard would be fine. On a similar line, I'd like variable font size there. I'd rather have a big capital K and OH than a lot of smaller writing.
    - Split mains processing seems like a good idea, but I'd want it linked by default.
    - Full-featured compression on the outputs seems like it'd be possible without much/any extra processing, though I personally find the 5 to 100 range just fine for what I use it for.
    - As for the presets, I don't really use them. I don't think they take up much space, and I know they don't need any extra processing. They're just a compilation of settings for things the desk was doing anyway.
    - Clearing up the menu seems like a good idea.
    - I don't like the compressor and gate graphs. I kind-of get what they were aiming at with them, but the graphic is (IMO) bordering on misinformation. I much prefer the traditional diagonal line of input vs output.
    - I'd quite like to see channel re-routing and side-chain compression, but I think that's getting beyond what the current desks can do.
    - I'd also like to see VU meters on the DCAs. I think that might be more feasible with the current hardware, but I could be wrong.

Chris
    chris661
    The high rail

• chris661 wrote: As for the presets, I don't really use them. I don't think they take up much space, and I know they don't need any extra processing. They're just a compilation of settings for things the desk was doing anyway.

Chris

Yep! absolutely, I don't use any of these presets, simply because values on these presets just don't work for every location. e.g. the reverb times, early reflections, etc. in my house differ from room to room.
    I prefer to build my own presets based on locations I work., and these can change from week to week.

so by removing these presets from the QSC will clean up space, space that could be used on more important functions.
    As for these presets, why not add them to the QSC website or to this forum so that they can be uploaded individually to the touchmix?
    ghostman
    Possibly an old pro

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:48 am

• is there a way to select all at once my user presets and copy to usb drive instead of one at a time?
    I am a solo artist that plays 5 nights a week at different venues, so I bought a spare touchmix 8, just incase something would happen, I have a lot of my user presets, and I always try to backup to flash.
    fender36

Return to TouchMix General Discussion

Information