Digital Snake

Community discussion about QSC’s TouchMix-8, TouchMix-16, and TouchMix-30 compact digital mixers

Moderators: Brad Zell, Bob Lee, Gary Evans_QSC, Chris Brouelette, JasonFernandez

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:02 pm

• Hi all,

Can someone of QSC please tell me why the will be no support for a digital snake?
    I know here (in general information you say it on your website that it's not planned.
    It would be a really nice feature which makes the TM more versatile.
    DiverAlpha
    Possibly an old pro

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:53 pm

• The TouchMix 30- Pro is one hundred percent remote controllable with an iPad or tablet, thus eliminating the need for a snake. With the ability to mix from anywhere in the room, the mixer itself can live onstage and assume the role of a stage box itself.
    Jason Fernandez
    TouchMix Customer Support
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    JasonFernandez
    QSC Audio Products

Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:59 am

• For musician that would indeed be sufficient. But as a sound tech I want to use the benefits of the hardware buttons. With an iPad it's much harder to adjust your setting precisely.
    If we have to setup a whole band and choir, we use 22 channels. You don't want to set them up by an iPad... That why we choose for a TM30.
    Therefor a digital snake would be really nice :D.
    DiverAlpha
    Possibly an old pro

Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:03 pm

• I agree wholeheartedly.

I use a TM30 Pro for FOH for small shows. I love the mixer, but using it for a stage box means running a lot of long xlrs all over the stage.

I run it from side stage so to reach the powered mains on the far side of the stage and indeed many parts of the stage requires at least a 50' XLR.

It would be nice to have a snake for just that(to reduce clutter on stage), but there are applications and venues where you may still want to be out front. I'd have uses for a purpose designed snake to use with my TM30.
    Milkman

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 am

• While the ability to use the iPad is handy, most of the time I'm stationed at FOH at the mixer.
    I'll take the iPad and walk around at times to check different locations, but I don't want the
    mixer trapped at side stage with only an ipad for control out front. Plus, if there's any issues
    or failures with the iPad (not unusual), then you're up the creek. A digital snake output
    makes way more sense to me, especially with the TM30, for large shows or multiple bands.
    I use the TM16 and still have to drag around a heavy standard snake to cable up the stage properly.
    Responding to an emergency is way easier on the mixer then on the iPad.
    bchulse
    Possibly an old pro

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:42 am

• @bchulse: That's exactly what i meant. There are so much benefits to the use of a digital snake. I really hope QSC will find a support for one or the other.
    DiverAlpha
    Possibly an old pro

Return to TouchMix General Discussion

Information