Apple Express for rock solid Wifi

Learn and share TouchMix tips and tricks.

Moderators: Brad Zell, Bob Lee, Gary Evans_QSC, Chris Brouelette, JasonFernandez

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:47 am

• I was having issues with the wifi on the Touchmix and found a rock solid solution that doesn't require an Ethernet connection utilizing and Apple Airport Express ($99 new) http://apple.co/1ff3k5F
    You can also use 1/8 jack on the unit to wireless stream music from your iPhone or iPad back to the TouchMix.
    Once its set up you only have to plug the unit into any wall jack. It will set up its own wireless network (which is cool also when venue patrons see your network in their wifi scans) Have the TM and all your devices connect to your network
    Set the unit up in Airport Utility with the following settings replacing my network name with yours.
    Jbirk
    Possibly an old pro

• Thank you for this idea. Bought router yesterday and it took lees then 5 min's to set up then used it at a gig last night and when the band was on brake started music from my Iphone using rhapsody and it just worked. thru the phone in my pocket and went to the bar and walked around the whole place even outside and the music played on and I never lost connection with my Iphone or ipad all night.
    jeremurphy
    Rookie

Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:38 pm

• Apple Airport stuff has been rock solid for me on both the TM and the Mackie DL1608 I had before it. Highly recommended. Have also used airplay with success as well.

Jbirk wrote:I was having issues with the wifi on the Touchmix and found a rock solid solution that doesn't require an Ethernet connection utilizing and Apple Airport Express ($99 new) http://apple.co/1ff3k5F
    You can also use 1/8 jack on the unit to wireless stream music from your iPhone or iPad back to the TouchMix.
    Once its set up you only have to plug the unit into any wall jack. It will set up its own wireless network (which is cool also when venue patrons see your network in their wifi scans) Have the TM and all your devices connect to your network
    Set the unit up in Airport Utility with the following settings replacing my network name with yours.
    pir8matt
    Possibly an old pro

• For the slightly less tech-literate...

Could you diagram and explain the connections from the router to the Touchmix? I would really appreciate it. I have an older airport express that I would like to utilize. I assume I would need an adaptor to plug it in to the Touchmix.. Please elaborate...And I apologize if this has been covered ad nauseum in other threads. Thanks in advance.

-cal73
    Cal73

Return to TouchMix Tips and Tricks

Information