Troubleshooting iPad WiFi connection issues

Learn and share TouchMix tips and tricks.

Moderators: Brad Zell, Bob Lee, Gary Evans_QSC, Chris Brouelette, JasonFernandez

• If you are experiencing problems with connecting your iPad to your TouchMix wifi network, please follow the step below to properly connect and operate your TouchMix from the app.

Before attempting to connect your iPad, please clear all apps running in the background by double tapping the “Home” button, and swiping away all apps to close them. Also, reset your TouchMix wifi network by pushing the “Menu” button on the TouchMix, selecting the “Mixer Setup” button, and selecting the “Reset Network” button (this does not change your network name or password). Now we can begin your wifi setup process.

1. After all iPad background apps are closed, restart your iPad by holding down the power button. (Simply restarting your iPad does not clear the apps running in the background.)

2. Once the iPad has shut down and powered back on, tap your “Settings” icon to access your “Wi-Fi” tab. Touch the "Wi-Fi" button in the upper right corner to turn it off and back on again. Allow the iPad a moment to locate your TouchMix in the “Devices” section. When your TouchMix has been located, select it and you will be prompted for your TouchMix password that you entered on the “Mixer Setup” page of the TouchMix (the password is case-sensitive, and must be a combination of AT LEAST 8 characters).

Once the iPad shows that it is connected with a check-mark next to your TouchMix’s name, you may exit "Settings" and launch the TouchMix app by tapping the "TouchMix" icon.

3. Upon startup of the app, you may see a popup window that alerts you that the iPad is not connected to the TouchMix network. Press “ok” and wait for up to 2 minutes for the iPad app to connect to the TouchMix. When the “Link” box turns from the color Red to Green and shows your TouchMix name you are now connected and any changes you make on the iPad will happen in real time on the TouchMix.

If you are still experiencing issues, please repeat the above steps.

NOTE: If you wish not to disrupt your wifi connection to the TouchMix, make sure your iPad auto-lock is turned off. To do this, Touch your "Settings" icon, Select the "General" Tab on the left side of the screen, and select "Auto Lock" on the right side menu. Be sure that it is set to "Never" and your iPad will not go to stand-by, which in some scenarios can cause it to lose wifi connection.
    Chris Brouelette
    Product Manager - Pro PA Loudspeakers
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products

• (the password is case-sensitive, and must be a combination of AT LEAST 8 characters)

On mine, running 1.0.3583, the password can only be numerical (and thus not case-sensitive), and must be 10 digits. I would strongly prefer an alphanumerical password.
    nottooloud
    The high rail

• nottooloud wrote:
    (the password is case-sensitive, and must be a combination of AT LEAST 8 characters)

On mine, running 1.0.3583, the password can only be numerical (and thus not case-sensitive), and must be 10 digits. I would strongly prefer an alphanumerical password.

This would be fixed! :wink:
    Elzeger
    Compression driver

• These tips don't really apply when using an external router. The part about re-setting the iPad is a good reference for when that needs to be done, but I have found most of these issues have been corrected with V.2.0 and an external router. In that scenario, I don't have to shut down the iPad- just connect to the network. When I connect I get a message on the iPad and one on the TM confirming the connection and telling me what I have access to.
    LoneLizard
    The high rail

• Having this very prob, read info to "Reset network", but that button is now missing from the menu... :( Had it before upgrade to 2.0
    hartso
    Rookie

• Yes, this only applies now to V1.0 firmware. I am working on a 2.0 Troubleshooting tips post.

Thanks,
    Chris Brouelette
    Product Manager - Pro PA Loudspeakers
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products

Return to TouchMix Tips and Tricks

Information