Video workflow

Learn and share TouchMix tips and tricks.

Moderators: Brad Zell, Bob Lee, Gary Evans_QSC, Chris Brouelette, JasonFernandez

Wed May 06, 2015 8:47 am

• Having mastered the workflow to separate the tracks into separate folders for each take with appropriate naming conventions (tedious but workable) I was now wondering how others are handling transfer to Final Cut Pro X and/or Logic Pro X. Do you guys convert the audio to 24 bit using a third party app like Audacity, take it into Logic Pro X, mix and then export a bounced stereo track to Final Cut for synching or do you take it into Final Cut, synch, and then roundtrip to Logic using XML? I'm having some trouble getting an exact synch with multi-tracks in FCP. Just wondering what others are doing.
    Rogue Wave
    Rookie

Wed May 06, 2015 11:34 am

• You can also use the free version of PreSonus' Studio One DAW software. It natively understands 32-bit floating-point audio files, then you can export from there.
    GVDub
    Rookie

Wed May 06, 2015 12:31 pm

• GVDub wrote:You can also use the free version of PreSonus' Studio One DAW software. It natively understands 32-bit floating-point audio files, then you can export from there.

Thanks. I'll check it out. Does it have any advantages over Audacity?
    Rogue Wave
    Rookie

Thu May 07, 2015 7:49 am

• Haven't used Audacity in a while, but I remember its UI being somewhat less than obvious. Biggest problem I've found with most Open Source apps is that the interface design is done by coders, not UI experts.
    GVDub
    Rookie

Thu May 07, 2015 4:28 pm

• I've been using Touchmix SET (developed by a forum member) to manage my files.
    It works GREAT! You point it to the folder on your QSC hard drive/thumb drive and tell it what to name the tracks and where to store them and you can choose No conversion, 16-bit, or 24-bit conversion and it converts them on the fly and they end up nicely named and sitting where you told them to go. Wonderful tool!

See: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4533
    ------------------------------
    Kevin B. Selby
    https://www.facebook.com/TheJKDuo/ <-- Live Performance
    selbalicious
    Compression driver

Fri May 08, 2015 7:22 am

• That would be great if we were talking about Windows machines. There's no Mac Version yet.

Besides, I'm increasingly leaning towards just doing the whole session in Studio One, as it handles 32-bit Broadcast Wave files natively, with no problems.
    GVDub
    Rookie

Fri May 08, 2015 11:27 am

• I'm getting ready to do some video shoots using the TM-16 and a Zoom Q8. Is FCP the recommended editor, or will iMovie do the trick? If I need to buy FCP I will, but would prefer to keep that $300 in my bank account :shock:
    dougb256
    Compression driver

Sat May 09, 2015 6:57 am

• dougb256 wrote:I'm getting ready to do some video shoots using the TM-16 and a Zoom Q8. Is FCP the recommended editor, or will iMovie do the trick? If I need to buy FCP I will, but would prefer to keep that $300 in my bank account :shock:

Depends entirely on what you're trying to do. If you haven't used either, start with iMovie.
    nottooloud
    The high rail

Sun May 10, 2015 6:23 pm

Return to TouchMix Tips and Tricks

Information