Touchmix with in-ears

Learn and share TouchMix tips and tricks.

Moderators: Brad Zell, Bob Lee, Gary Evans_QSC, Chris Brouelette, JasonFernandez

Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:26 pm

• Used the touchmix 16 with our in-ear monitors for the first time last week. What a huge difference in clarity, even with the less expensive ear buds. A question I have been asked by other bands is can the eq on each channel be different in the Aux mix or is it linked to the eq that is going to foh?
    Nu-Blu

Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:22 am

• Hi Nu-Blu,

Each AUX output has its own independent EQ, Limiter, Filters, Presets, even Delay.

From the main Home screen (where you see all your input sliders) select the Aux Outputs "tab" at the top (so it's blue). Now you will see all the AUX sliders. For the AUX you are using for IEMs, click the top "label button" to go into its setup screens. You will now see there are various tabs for EQ, Limiter, etc. Adjust to taste. If you'd like to keep your settings for this AUX, use the Presets tab and select "Save As..."

Enjoy!
    Fred Thomke
    NO PRIVATE MESSAGES, PLEASE (use email address)
    Application Engineering Team
    Systems Support - Senior
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    +1-800-QSC-AUDIO Tech Support
    +1-800-854-4079 Sales
    fred.thomke@qsc.com

Fred Thomke
    QSC Audio Products

Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:30 pm

• Fred, I have a question about this as well... In Remote Control Settings, if you select Personal Monitor Mix - you lose control of these settings (EQ/Limiter/Presets/Setup). Seems the only setting to activate them is to allow Full Access to the particular Aux mix you are setting up. Why isn't there an option to enable this under the Personal Monitor Mix Access Controls?
    drummereef
    Rookie

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:09 am

• drummereef wrote:Fred, I have a question about this as well... In Remote Control Settings, if you select Personal Monitor Mix - you lose control of these settings (EQ/Limiter/Presets/Setup). Seems the only setting to activate them is to allow Full Access to the particular Aux mix you are setting up. Why isn't there an option to enable this under the Personal Monitor Mix Access Controls?

Monitor Mix access gives only level and pan control to a channel, not access to anything behind the scenes. We will log this as a feature request to have access to main output processing.

Thanks,
    Chris Brouelette
    Product Manager - Pro PA Loudspeakers
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:21 am

• Chris Brouelette wrote:
    drummereef wrote:Fred, I have a question about this as well... In Remote Control Settings, if you select Personal Monitor Mix - you lose control of these settings (EQ/Limiter/Presets/Setup). Seems the only setting to activate them is to allow Full Access to the particular Aux mix you are setting up. Why isn't there an option to enable this under the Personal Monitor Mix Access Controls?

Monitor Mix access gives only level and pan control to a channel, not access to anything behind the scenes. We will log this as a feature request to have access to main output processing.

Thanks,

Hey Chris, thanks for your reply - what I meant by (EQ/Limiter/Presets/Setup) was not main output processing but a menu withing a particular Aux Mix. From the iPad App if you select an Aux Mix, then touch the Aux's name (directly above the button to select an aux mix) it will take you to this menu. These for some reason are not available when Personal Monitor access control has been selected. It's only available currently if All Access is selected.
    drummereef
    Rookie

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:37 am

• drummereef wrote:
    Chris Brouelette wrote:
    drummereef wrote:Fred, I have a question about this as well... In Remote Control Settings, if you select Personal Monitor Mix - you lose control of these settings (EQ/Limiter/Presets/Setup). Seems the only setting to activate them is to allow Full Access to the particular Aux mix you are setting up. Why isn't there an option to enable this under the Personal Monitor Mix Access Controls?

Thanks,

Hey Chris, thanks for your reply - what I meant by (EQ/Limiter/Presets/Setup) was not main output processing but a menu withing a particular Aux Mix. From the iPad App if you select an Aux Mix, then touch the Aux's name (directly above the button to select an aux mix) it will take you to this menu. These for some reason are not available when Personal Monitor access control has been selected. It's only available currently if All Access is selected.

Monitor Mix access currently only allows level and pan control of an AUX. Since EQ/Comp/Gate are part of the Mains processing also, those are not allowed to be accessed via the Monitor Mix control.
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:08 am

• Chris Brouelette wrote:Monitor Mix access currently only allows level and pan control of an AUX. Since EQ/Comp/Gate are part of the Mains processing also, those are not allowed to be accessed via the Monitor Mix control.

I think we are looking at different Menus... I've attached some pictures to show you what I'm accessing. :D

From the Main Menu screen in the iPad App, press "Aux".

Select the "Aux Name" to access the Aux Setup Menu.

Here you can see the EQ/Limiter/Filters/Presets/Setup Menu for the selected Aux Mix. This is what doesn't seem to be available after selecting "Personal Monitor Mix" access and controlling an Aux Mix from an iPad. It seems this is only accessible when "All Access" is allowed. Unless this has been enabled in a recent update... but the last time I tested it did not allow access.

drummereef
    Rookie

Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:10 pm

• Yes, that is still functionally correct as to how the interface was designed. Monitor Mix mode only allows access to levels and panning, and none of the input or output settings. I have logged your request to have access to output processing when in Monitor Mix mode.

Thanks,
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products

Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:34 pm

• Chris Brouelette wrote:Yes, that is still functionally correct as to how the interface was designed. Monitor Mix mode only allows access to levels and panning, and none of the input or output settings. I have logged your request to have access to output processing when in Monitor Mix mode.

Thanks,

OK, I see. Thank you for logging this as a request for me. I figured it would be nice to at least have access to the EQ and Limiter - especially with an IEM setup if there isn't an adequate soundcheck for a gig. This way if the Limiter is getting slammed the musician can adjust it on the fly directly. Or have the ability to tune his/her IEMs accordingly with the EQ. Thank you for your help with this!
    drummereef
    Rookie

Return to TouchMix Tips and Tricks

Information