CD burn of TM recording

Learn and share TouchMix tips and tricks.

Moderators: Brad Zell, Bob Lee, Gary Evans_QSC, Chris Brouelette, JasonFernandez

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:40 am

• Please bear with me here, as I am a TM16 newbie. I am wanting to burn a CD copy of the recording I have made on my TM16. I am far from a recording engineer and pretty much DAW illiterate. Can someone explain the simplest way to make a CD of a TM16 recording? Is it possible to use a program like Windows Media Player or iTunes? I have recorded the files using a flash drive. If the recording is in 2-Track I realize it should be easier to burn, but for the sake of asking, if the recording is in multitrack format I would assume you would have to use DAW to bring it down to 2-Track, am I correct? Thank you so much for your time and knowledge.
    Mackieman

Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:06 pm

• Hi Mackieman. In order to bring your recording back to two channels you could download and install Audacity. This DAW software is free to use. Have a look at http://web.audacityteam.org/
    I did not test the TM files against Audacity myself (I make use of Sonar Platinum) but I assume it will read and process the file format as delivered by the TM.

After downmixing your tracks to two-channels you might export your tracks one by one to .WAV file.
    Next step is to burn the .wav files to a cd-audio. There are numerous free and commercial program's.
    Have a look to CDBurnerXP for example. https://www.cdburnerxp.se/
    niek4data
    Rookie

Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:47 am

• Thank you niek4data for your insight, it is very much appreciated. I have the program Audacity on my laptop and have used it a little for trimming, etc. I will definitely go through the program and try to understand how to come from multitrack format down to 2-Track. Let me just ask, is there a certain pathway in the program to follow? I am also downloading the burning program you suggested. I thank you again for your help and time.
    Mackieman

Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:28 pm

• Hi Mackieman. Somehow I forgot to react on your last posting. Busy times :-( If you still need more pathway (workflow) info, just give a shout and I will try to return on this issue. Have to look for myself too as I normally use Sonar Ultimate to get things done...
    niek4data
    Rookie

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:37 pm

• Mackieman wrote:Thank you niek4data for your insight, it is very much appreciated. I have the program Audacity on my laptop and have used it a little for trimming, etc. I will definitely go through the program and try to understand how to come from multitrack format down to 2-Track. Let me just ask, is there a certain pathway in the program to follow? I am also downloading the burning program you suggested. I thank you again for your help and time.

Use the bounce or export option as in most DAWs. I believe in Audacity it is Export.
    producer_ben
    Possibly an old pro

Return to TouchMix Tips and Tricks

Information