CX404 powers up but no output?

Moderators: Cameron Shoffner, Christian Cook, Kirk Fyvie, Martin Barbour, Gary Evans_QSC, QSC-Dale Sandberg

Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:04 am

• Hey gang, first post and just wondering if anyone has an idea of what happened/what is wrong with my CX404. It powers up no problem, runs through it's initial sequence, settles in, but there is no output from ANY of the channels. I dismantled my AV setup one day, put it back together another and that was all she wrote. I thoroughly checked every piece in line and everything works properly.

Any idea what happened or is wrong with it? Should I spend the money to repair it?

Thanks in advance! MY CX1202V and CX902 keep delivering though and I love 'em!
    joeybutts

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:07 pm

• When you put in a signal, do you see activity on any of the Signal or -20 dB LEDs?

Try working the gain controls up and down and tapping on the knobs, in case the gain pots have become intermittent. If the gain pots have gone bad, there's a service bulletin for that.
    Bob Lee
    Technical Communications Developer
    QSC, LLC
    Fellow, Audio Engineering Society
    "If it sounds good, it is good." —Duke Ellington
    Bob Lee
    QSC Audio Products

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:42 am

• I'll check again but I don't think there was any activity on the lights. I'll give it a shot. :)

If the gain pots have gone bad, does that mean I can get it fixed by QSC on the house?

Thanks Bob! Appreciate the help!
    joeybutts

Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:27 am

• Definitely, if the amp is under warranty.

Contact QSC Technical Services at 1 800 QSC AUDIO (if you're in the US) or tech_support@qscaudio.com.
    Bob Lee
    Technical Communications Developer
    QSC, LLC
    Fellow, Audio Engineering Society
    "If it sounds good, it is good." —Duke Ellington
    Bob Lee
    QSC Audio Products

Return to Power Amplifier Support

Information