SC 28 Questions

Moderators: Cameron Shoffner, Christian Cook, Kirk Fyvie, Martin Barbour, Fred Thomke, Gary Evans_QSC

Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:11 pm

• I am new to wideline and have a few questions...

1. Is there an easier way to time align the subs than moving the sub to the mid output of the processor?
    2. Will software ever be offered to control the SC-28?
    3. Will we ever be able to adjust the crossover points in the sc-28?
    argondwd

Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 pm

• Hello,

A delay is included within a SC28 for the subs and array boxes.

No software programming will be offered for the SC28.

No crossover settings will be offered.

Basically, a SC28 contains the secret sauce (the voicings) for QSC’s three line array products: ILA, WL-8 and WL-10. A SC28 is QSC’s cunning attempt to make line arrays safe for the world whereby a user wouldn’t necessarily need to know the science behind a line array point source; a set and forget with relatively no set up time process.

If you wish to voice/tune a QSC line array on your own, then the product for you would be a QSControl.net unit.

Look here for SC28 tutorial http://www.qscaudio.com/products/dsp/sc28/sc28.htm

Look here for QSControl.net tutorial http://www.qscaudio.com/products/network/basis/qscontrolnet_basis.htm
    Brad Sambrano
    Systems Support Engineer
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Brad Sambrano
    QSC Audio Products

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:54 am

• Ok so the software version has just released for SC-28. in my last post I was asking about time aligning subs with the SC-28. I do unnderstand how to time align subs and that the SC-28 has a delay for that my issue is....that, in order to time align the subs properly with a measurement program, I have to move the sub XLR to a mid output to properly time align the system. In other words if the SC-28 offered an ability to shift the subs to a higher crossover point for testing purposes, instead of us having to unplug the back of our racks...
    argondwd

Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:17 pm

• You can bypass the sub output allowing for full bandwidth audio to pass-through but as for shifting the high end of the sub filter roll off point, no.
    Brad Sambrano
    QSC Audio Products

Return to DSP Support

Information