Basis 522aa won't come online-HELP!

Moderators: Cameron Shoffner, Christian Cook, Kirk Fyvie, Martin Barbour, Fred Thomke, Gary Evans_QSC

Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:50 am

• Hello-

I have a network with a Rave 522aa, two Basis 922az units and a NAC-100. Both of the Basis units are working fine and are accessible with Venue Manager. The Rave is not, though. It stays offline. IP addressing is correct - the address on the front panel matches the address for the device in VM. I can ping the device just fine. It still passes audio via cobranet and analog. I am able to recall global presets from the front panel, but it will not respond to anyting from the NAC-100. When I dial through snapshots, it goes from 1, 2, 3, etc. through 6, then jumps to 19, and the up arrow in the display changes to a "7". Sounds crazy, I know, but this behavior is consistent. The snapshots in the VM config are numbered consecutively from 1 to 8. The only other symptom is on the panel LCD, a cursor (an underscore - "_") seems to randomly and frantically flash across the display. It was all working perfectly for almost a year until today. I've tried resetting the device and completely powering it down with no luck.

Is there anything that serial access will help with? Could it be a corrupt config? I uploaded a new config about 10 days ago, but it was fine until today. Is there any sort of hard reset that will clear the configs? Anything? Help! I'm approaching desparate - this system is in use every day.

Thanks
    Jack
    jnetter
    Rookie

• Hi Jack,

It CAN be reset back to factory settings. You MIGHT have to resort to a serial connection to do this, but there may be a much easier way using the network connection since you say you can ping the device. My first guess is a corrupt config, or perhaps a power glitch, may have triggered this behavior in the first place. But we CAN get you back up right away.

There are a couple things to look at, way too involved to type in here as things to look at. Can you please call in to the factory at the numbers listed in my signature and ask for me? I want to talk with you directly about this problem.

Standing by...
    Fred Thomke
    NO PRIVATE MESSAGES, PLEASE (use email address)
    Application Engineering Team
    Systems Support - Senior
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    +1-800-QSC-AUDIO Tech Support
    +1-800-854-4079 Sales
    fred.thomke@qsc.com

Fred Thomke
    QSC Audio Products

Return to DSP Support

Information