Basis 922 - control over CN port

Moderators: Cameron Shoffner, Christian Cook, Kirk Fyvie, Martin Barbour, Fred Thomke, Gary Evans_QSC

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:05 am

• I have a Basis 922 and I'm unable to see it from Creator when I set the CN port IP to match Creator ("one-wire" application) If I set the 10MB port (via front panel) to a control network IP, and plug into that port, it works fine. When I set the CN port to that IP and plug into the CN port, I don't see the device from creator. In fact, I can't even ping it. There are two other processors on the same network that work fine in "one-wire" mode. Any suggestions? Sorry if I'm not explaining it too well...
    jnetter
    Rookie

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:11 am

• Hello,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

What are the IP addresses currently listed for ALL the QSControl (10 Mb) ports, and what are the IP addresses currently listed for ALL the CobraNet ports?

When you try to connect everything via the Single-Wire (only using CN ports, and NO connections to the QSControl ports), you have to make sure the CN port IP is completely different subnet range than the QSControl. For example, if the QSControl port is 192.168.1.12, with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, then the CN port CANNOT be 192.168.1.XX, because they would be in the same subnet range. You either have to change the QSControl port to something else (like 10.10.10.12, or 192.168.2.12) or change the CN port addresses.

The reason I mention this is because you say:

"If I set the 10MB port (via front panel) to a control network IP, and plug into that port, it works fine. When I set the CN port to that IP and plug into the CN port, I don't see the device from creator."

This implies that perhaps you did not change the QSControl port, you only set the CN port to the same address -- is that what you are saying?

Let me know.
    Regards,
    - - fred
    Fred Thomke
    NO PRIVATE MESSAGES, PLEASE (use email address)
    Application Engineering Team
    Systems Support - Senior
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    +1-800-QSC-AUDIO Tech Support
    +1-800-854-4079 Sales
    fred.thomke@qsc.com

Fred Thomke
    QSC Audio Products

Return to DSP Support

Information