So many possibilities?!

K, KW, and KLA Series loudspeakers

Moderators: Cameron Shoffner, Christian Cook, Kirk Fyvie, Martin Barbour, Gary Evans_QSC

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:36 pm

• Hello everyone, my name is Ed and I will soon have a complete QSC PA in my (and my band's) hands. We've been using KW181 subs, that's 2 of them to be exact, for the past 6 months. Love them! The rest of our PA worked fine, but it was time to add the other pieces to complete the all powered/more modern PA.

I purchased a TouchMix 16 a couple weeks back, and with no gigs on the books for January, we haven't gotten around to testing it out yet. I have, however, played around with the mixer without anything plugged into it to get a feel for the UI. I've also downloaded the Android app for controlling the mixer.

I just ordered 2 KW122 mains and 2 K10 monitors, those will be here in a couple days. We are a three piece, so the drummer and myself (guitar/vox) will each have a K10 and our bass player/lead vox uses IEM.

That was my introduction of sorts, here is my questions.

In anticipation for the rest of the pieces, I've been researching the QSC resources by checking out manuals and helpful diagrams showing possible ways to connect your PA together. (Thank you for the help QSC!) The only thing is that I see in multiple places multiple ways to hook up these powered speakers. Can someone please help clarify which is the proper way to set it up? Some show being setup with Channel A and then with Channel B. Do I need to switch the Mains to "Ext Sub" or leave them on "Norm(al)"?

nosidamde

Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:17 am

• Those are all proper ways of hooking up the loudspeakers. They all accomplish the same thing.

Use the EXT SUB setting when you use the loudspeakers with a subwoofer such as the KW181 or KSub.
    Bob Lee
    Technical Communications Developer
    QSC, LLC
    Fellow, Audio Engineering Society
    "If it sounds good, it is good." —Duke Ellington
    Bob Lee
    QSC Audio Products

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:05 pm

• Thank you for responding!

I have one more question, I just opened up the KW122 speakers and they each came with 2 power supplies instead of 1, like the K10 speakers. I only see one plug in, is this an accident or do I need both of these per speaker?
    nosidamde

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:22 pm

• Disregard that last part about the two power supplies, I opened them up and noticed one is a Type C for Europe.

Thanks again!
    nosidamde

Return to K Family Loudspeaker Discussion

Information