New 3-ways coming

K, KW, and KLA Series loudspeakers

Moderators: Cameron Shoffner, Christian Cook, Kirk Fyvie, Martin Barbour, Gary Evans_QSC

Wed May 24, 2017 12:29 pm

• With the recently announced K.2 and KS212's, does anyone know if there's going to be an updated 3-way tower this year? I currently run KW153's along with 4 KW181's. I'm looking to buy a new system before next year but I want to stick with a 3-way tower. Anyone know or want to speculate?
    pir8matt
    Possibly an old pro

Wed May 24, 2017 2:02 pm

• pir8matt wrote:With the recently announced K.2 and KS212's, does anyone know if there's going to be an updated 3-way tower this year? I currently run KW153's along with 4 KW181's. I'm looking to buy a new system before next year but I want to stick with a 3-way tower. Anyone know or want to speculate?

I meant for the subject to have a question mark in it, btw. A question, not a statement. Doesnt seem to be any way to edit the OP.
    pir8matt
    Possibly an old pro

Thu May 25, 2017 9:13 am

• Hi pir8matt,
    We do not currently have any plans to release a new 3-way this year. We are, however, always taking customers requests and suggestions, and we are continually working on ideas for new products and releases.

Thanks,
    Eric Torres
    Applications Engineer
    QSC, LLC

Eric Torres
    Possibly an old pro

Wed May 31, 2017 10:09 am

• Eric Torres wrote:Hi pir8matt,
    We do not currently have any plans to release a new 3-way this year. We are, however, always taking customers requests and suggestions, and we are continually working on ideas for new products and releases.

Thanks,

Well, so what would QSC recommend using with the new KS212's for a medium sized club band setup? Just a pair of K.2's? Doesn't seem like enough. As mentioned, currently using 2 KW153's with 4 KW181's. Not that there's anything wrong with the 153's per se, but I wouldn't mind having some of the improvements available with the K.2 in a tower/3 way configuration.

I guess this would count as a product request.
    pir8matt
    Possibly an old pro

Return to K Family Loudspeaker Discussion

Information