QSC K10 power/ but no Sound?

Moderators: Cameron Shoffner, Christian Cook, Kirk Fyvie, Martin Barbour, Gary Evans_QSC

Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:50 am

• Hi.

I set up at my show last night, plugged in both of my K10s, ready to play, powered both on, ran a backing through my presonus 16.0.2, then i noticed that the sound was only coming out of 1 K10, i checked the other one, and it was powered on, the blue LED was lit, but unlike the other one, the Fan was not turning, and no signal/sound was coming through the K10.?

So, no sound/signal, is this a common issue with the K series?
    I have only owned these speakers for 2 years, and yes i use them a lot gigging 6 nights a week as a solo performer, but iv'e ready had to sent 1 off to be repaired for a blown woofer, which i thought i was covered by my 6 year warranty? , i was told i was not?
    Now again i find i have an issue this time with the above, could it be a dry solder joint?
    i carry my speakers with care, with the tote covers.

I need help please, otherwise i'll have to send it off again to be serviced, and i'll be left gigging with the 1 K10 for 2-3 weeks.....
    Please Help if you can, anyone else had this issue?
    Yours,
    Davey Woodford.
    daveyblues

Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:25 pm

• Did you try using a different input on the loudspeaker?
    Bob Lee
    Technical Communications Developer
    QSC, LLC
    Fellow, Audio Engineering Society
    "If it sounds good, it is good." —Duke Ellington
    Bob Lee
    QSC Audio Products

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:56 am

• Yes sir.
    And neither would get the Fan spinning to kick the speaker in.
    I tried the good working K10 and as soon as you power on, the fan kicks in then the signal begins to output.
    daveyblues

Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:42 am

• I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean about the fan spinning to kick the speaker in.

If the loudspeaker has the indications of being turned on--i.e., the appropriate LEDs are lit--but doesn't audibly reproduce an audio signal being put into it, then make sure the cable is good and the gain settings are OK. That's a quick check. If it's still silent, it's time for a service visit.
    Bob Lee
    Technical Communications Developer
    QSC, LLC
    Fellow, Audio Engineering Society
    "If it sounds good, it is good." —Duke Ellington
    Bob Lee
    QSC Audio Products

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:08 pm

• 0Like i stated.
    you turn on any working K series speaker, the power LED lights up, then the back fan kicks in and begins to spin ok..

i know this as i tried my working one, this is the way it happens, you power up, LED lights up, fans spins, sounds comes out.
    My one that doesn't work, powers up LED comes on, but fan doesn't kick in, and the signal / sound doesn't come out, so whatever is happening (regarding the Fan or not ), the full sound connection is not happening as it should, and as i stated is, working correctly on my fully operational K10.

I do hope hope you understand me now sir..?
    And again, i do hope THIS TIME i am covered by my 6 year warranty..?, as it worked fine 1 show, next show nothing?, and last time this happened (last year)(different Problem, My woofer was burnt?), i had to pay for this also, not covered by my warranty, what is covered by it i do ask myself.
    Cheers. Davey.
    daveyblues

Return to Loudspeaker Support

Information