CXD 4.5Q Temp

Support and discussion forum for the PLD and CXD processing amplifiers

Moderators: Cameron Shoffner, Christian Cook, Kirk Fyvie, Martin Barbour, Gary Evans_QSC, QSC-Dale Sandberg

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:45 am

• I have a QSC CXD 4.5Q that is in an installed rack with other other equipment, as well as a fairly hot running switch. The rack is vented and has two 4" fans installed in the rack rails to circulate the air, but looking at the PSU Temp and Fan RPM, I am concerned. The PSU Temp shows 42.9 Celsius consistently and the Fan RPM is at 5200+, can this amp survive these conditions for the long term? As for moving it to a rack with better ventilation, the Middle Atlantic wall rack it is currently in is about the only one deep enough for that amp that I can find.

Thanks
    -Mark
    molson
    Rookie

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:00 am

• The amp should be able to survive 42.9° C pretty well, though lower temperatures are always good for longevity of electronics. Anything you can do to help get fresh air into the back of the rack, where the amp draws air in through the rear panel, will help.
    Bob Lee
    Technical Communications Developer
    QSC, LLC
    Fellow, Audio Engineering Society
    "If it sounds good, it is good." —Duke Ellington
    Bob Lee
    QSC Audio Products

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:08 pm

• Thank you for the reply on this Bob, glad I am not going to send it into a meltdown. I think I will plan on replacing the rack with one that has better ventilation and additional cooling fans, just a matter of waiting for the new budget year.

Thanks again,
    -Mark
    molson
    Rookie

Return to PLD & CXD Series Processing Amps

Information