Touchmix stand

Community discussion about QSC’s TouchMix-8, TouchMix-16, and TouchMix-30 compact digital mixers

Moderators: Brad Zell, Bob Lee, Gary Evans_QSC, Chris Brouelette, JasonFernandez

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:57 am

• Hello everyone, I will soon be a Touchmix 16 owner.....next week! I have previously owned a Presonus 16.4.2 and a Line 6 Stagescape .....

The Touchmix is much smaller and lighter.....here is my question, I am a keyboard player/lead singer and would like to mount the touchmix on a mic stand.......any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    ggz123
    Rookie

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:58 am

• There will be a rack mount kit avialable soon for Touchmix. Keep checking back for news and updates regarding the release of that. As far as mounting it to a mic stand, there is no feesable way of doing this. I would recomend a good quality, very sturdy music stand, or perhaps a snare drum stand.
    Jason Fernandez
    TouchMix Customer Support
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    JasonFernandez
    QSC Audio Products

Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:55 pm

• Thanks for the reply.....

How long until the rack mount kit will be available?

What are the minimum dimensions for the rack area?
    ggz123
    Rookie

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:15 pm

• We don't have a specific release date yet for the rack kit, but we're working to make it available as soon as possible. It will require 7 rack spaces.
    Jason Fernandez
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    JasonFernandez
    QSC Audio Products

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:45 am

• I like the snare drum stand idea.

I am not sure why you couldn't mount this to a STURDY mic stand with the right configuration of equipment. Sort of like the KM holder for the IPAD...Of course, someone would have to make it. One problem would be that by doing this you will end up with the inevitable swarm of mic cables at the base of your mic stand.

I was going to try and find a small portable table, but will try the snare stand idea first. I hope that:
    a) I can find one that goes high enough to put the TM at a useable height
    b) The snare basket will provide the correct support and retention of the TM.
    LoneLizard
    The high rail

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am

• I've used the Quik Lok LPH-001 Laptop Holder for the TM on the last 3 gigs. Great fit for less than $50 via Amazon.
    AtlKeys
    Rookie

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:31 am

• I've used the Quik Lok LPH-001 Laptop Holder for the TM on the last 3 gigs. Great fit for less than $50 via Amazon.

Looks perfect. Just ordered one! Thanks for the idea.
    LoneLizard
    The high rail

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:38 am

• Why not just use an Ipad on your stand as they already have a great mount for that, Assuming you have an ipad :)
    Racertrash
    Rookie

Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:34 am

• Why not just use an iPad on your stand as they already have a great mount for that, Assuming you have an iPad :)

I am using an iPad holder on the mic stand for the iPad, but I still needed something on which to set the board. I used to use a shelf on my rockn'roller cart, but that took additional time to set up and room in the transport rig. Plus, it was big, bulky and ugly on stage so it always had to be placed well off-stage and out of site. The thing about the size of the TM16 is that with the right stand, you can set it up right next to you, mix directly on the board, and use the iPad for other things (charts in my case).

I've used the Quik Lok LPH-001 Laptop Holder for the TM on the last 3 gigs. Great fit for less than $50 via Amazon.

I just got mine and set it up and tested with the TM16. For me this is the perfect solution! It is sturdy, very adjustable, portable and looks like it belongs on a stage. $39 with Amazon and here in two days with Prime. Atlkeys- Thanks for the suggestion!
    LoneLizard
    The high rail

Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:52 am

• Hey Lonelizard, Please take a photo of your TouchMix on the stand at the next gig. I'd love to see it.
    Brad Zell
    Online Marketing and Artist Relations Manager
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Brad Zell

Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:01 pm

• Sure. Here are two...
    tm stand 1.JPG
    tm stand 1.JPG (151.32 KiB) Viewed 1988 times

tm stand 2.JPG
    tm stand 2.JPG (143.01 KiB) Viewed 1988 times
    LoneLizard
    The high rail

Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:12 pm

• Looks good LoneLizard, glad it worked out for ya!
    AtlKeys
    Rookie

Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:49 pm

• AtlKeys wrote:I've used the Quik Lok LPH-001 Laptop Holder for the TM on the last 3 gigs. Great fit for less than $50 via Amazon.

wow...I just check the specs...Weight: 9.1 lb...?!? :shock: That seems on the HEAVY side. Can you confirm?
    mix
    Magnum

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:39 pm

• LoneLizard wrote:Sure. Here are two...
    tm stand 1.JPG

tm stand 2.JPG

Pretty cool!
    Bob Lee
    Technical Communications Developer
    QSC, LLC
    Fellow, Audio Engineering Society
    "If it sounds good, it is good." —Duke Ellington
    Bob Lee
    QSC Audio Products

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:52 am

• I personally went with the Quik-Lok LPH-003. It's the next step up from the 001. It costs a little more, but I was able to get a good deal from my buddy that works at a music store. Rather than the flat tray that the mixer can lay on, it has a flat surface that the mixer sits on with 4 adjustable arms that grab onto the side of the touchmix for extra support. This way you can angle it a little more without it falling off the stand. It also has a slide out tray for a laptop mouse, but I am going to use that tray to hold my hard drive that I get for recording. I used this stand for the first time today at a gig and it is exactly what I wanted. It's almost like it was designed for the touchmix. If someone can tell me how to attach photos in the posts, I can show you guys what I'm talking about.
    TheBandLeader
    Rookie

Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:01 am

• TheBandLeader wrote:I personally went with the Quik-Lok LPH-003. It's the next step up from the 001. It costs a little more, but I was able to get a good deal from my buddy that works at a music store. Rather than the flat tray that the mixer can lay on, it has a flat surface that the mixer sits on with 4 adjustable arms that grab onto the side of the touchmix for extra support. This way you can angle it a little more without it falling off the stand. It also has a slide out tray for a laptop mouse, but I am going to use that tray to hold my hard drive that I get for recording. I used this stand for the first time today at a gig and it is exactly what I wanted. It's almost like it was designed for the touchmix. If someone can tell me how to attach photos in the posts, I can show you guys what I'm talking about.

You can upload pictures with the 'img" button above the text field. Please post a few pics of that stand. I'd love to see it!
    Jason Fernandez
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    JasonFernandez
    QSC Audio Products

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:01 am

• It doesn't seem like it weighs 9 pounds, but it could be. It is 100x better and lighter than some of the alternatives I was looking for. Seems comparable in weight to a mic stand. The top comes off and the base folds up. It is well made, sturdy and pretty adjustable. Only "gripe" is that the legs don't fold out flat for a broader base of support. Still , it is perfect for what I need and think you would like it if you are looking for a stand solution. I paid $39 bucks on Amazon.
    LoneLizard
    The high rail

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:18 am

• LoneLizard wrote:It doesn't seem like it weighs 9 pounds, but it could be. It is 100x better and lighter than some of the alternatives I was looking for. Seems comparable in weight to a mic stand. The top comes off and the base folds up. It is well made, sturdy and pretty adjustable. Only "gripe" is that the legs don't fold out flat for a broader base of support. Still , it is perfect for what I need and think you would like it if you are looking for a stand solution. I paid $39 bucks on Amazon.

Thanks, (I sit and mix) do you know what the Min. Height is...?
    mix
    Magnum

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:28 am

• Just found the Dimensions specs:
    Shelf width: 15.3" (39 cm)
    Shelf depth: 12.2" (31 cm)
    Set-up height range: from 32.3 - 52" (82 - 132 cm)
    Weight Capacity 33.3 lb (15 kg)
    Weight 9.1 lb (4.1 kg)
    mix
    Magnum

Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:17 pm

• Here is a few pics of the Quik-Lok LPH-003. Made for laptops but works great for the TM.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (200.77 KiB) Viewed 1849 times

Has a slide out tray for a mouse. I will use it for a hard drive.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (194.19 KiB) Viewed 1849 times

Here's the TM seated in it.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (187.16 KiB) Viewed 1849 times
    TheBandLeader
    Rookie

Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:23 pm

• Nothing is in the way of the cables.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (127.38 KiB) Viewed 1849 times

Here's a side view of how it holds the sides with the arms.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (129.83 KiB) Viewed 1849 times

With the arms, you are able to tilt it a little further without worrying about it sliding off.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (177.93 KiB) Viewed 1849 times
    TheBandLeader
    Rookie

Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:37 pm

• Is the "mouse tray" removable...?
    mix
    Magnum

Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:14 pm

• mix wrote:Is the "mouse tray" removable...?

No, it is a permanent fixture to the stand. However, when the mixer is on the stand and the tray is in the inward position, you can't even see the tray and it doesn't get in the way of anything.
    TheBandLeader
    Rookie

Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:33 am

• QL-400 is a versitle mobile option for the TM, its what im using. I found the other stand s didn't have good holding power on the tilt when cables are pulling down. Plus the mobile part was a lock!!
    Sixtycyle
    Rookie

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:37 am

• How about just a regular music stand. Tripod, sturdy, lots of holes in tray for ventilation.
    Saw one on Amazon for 32.00
    bchulse
    Possibly an old pro

Next

Return to TouchMix General Discussion

Information