TouchMix User Feature Requests (post V2.1)

Community discussion about QSC’s TouchMix-8, TouchMix-16, and TouchMix-30 compact digital mixers

Moderators: Brad Zell, Bob Lee, Gary Evans_QSC, Chris Brouelette, JasonFernandez

• Hello everyone,

As we advance along to our newest Firmware version (V2.1) we have received many feature requests along the way from our users here on the forum (See locked thread here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4306), many of which have been added to the TouchMix since V1.0. We have logged all feature requests thus far, and with the release of V2.1 it is time to begin fresh.

This thread will now be your hub for user requested features of TouchMix products. Please be aware that a request does not guarantee it will make it into the mixer, but all requests are logged and discussed by the development team.

Thanks for your time and participation,
    Chris Brouelette
    Product Manager - Pro PA Loudspeakers
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products

• I would love to see the following features in v3.0:

1. Make it possible to format the external hard drive (to FAT32) from the mixer
    2. Make it possible to choose between bitrates 16, 24 and 32
    3. Make it possible to play wav, aiff or MP3 files from playlists. Great for playing music between sets, sound checks, singback, playback, contentum etc.
    4. Make it possible to hide channels not in use
    5. Make it possible to rearrange the order of the input channels
    6. Make it possible to colorcode channels

I am looking forward to seeing the next update!
    torlind

• Agree with the playlist ability feature.

Once again, the big one for me is TAP TEMPO. We need to be able to assign tap tempo to a footpedal as well as EFX mute.

So bummed this didn't come with the 2.1 update. :(

Sigh...

Tom
    tomesson
    Rookie

• Could you please add RTA analyzer? At least for all the outputs. Since TM-8 doesn't have a talk back mic input, is it possible to plug the RTA mic into one of the channel. Thanks.
    TangDynasty
    Rookie

• dougb256 wrote:FX Mute via footswitch.

Already in this release...

USB/MIDI footswitch required
    Steph
    The high rail

• tomesson wrote:Agree with the playlist ability feature.

Once again, the big one for me is TAP TEMPO. We need to be able to assign tap tempo to a footpedal as well as EFX mute.

Sigh...

Tom

dougb256 wrote:FX Mute via footswitch.

FX Mute is available via MIDI footswitch. Look under Mute->Toggle Mute Group -> FX Mute (you need to scroll the page down to find it)

Thanks,
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products

• TangDynasty wrote:Could you please add RTA analyzer? At least for all the outputs. Since TM-8 doesn't have a talk back mic input, is it possible to plug the RTA mic into one of the channel. Thanks.

As previously stated, an RTA will not be available in the TouchMix 8 or 16. It was not designed for that kind of processor use since an RTA is VERY processor intensive.

Thanks,
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products

• just wanted to second these requests:

1. Make it possible to format the external hard drive (to FAT32) from the mixer
    2. Make it possible to choose between bitrates 16, 24 and 32
    3. Make it possible to play wav, aiff or MP3 files from playlists. Great for playing music between sets, sound checks, singback, playback, contentum etc.
    4. Make it possible to hide channels not in use
    5. Make it possible to rearrange the order of the input channels
    6. Make it possible to colorcode channels
    kamikaze3557
    Possibly an old pro

• hey kamikaze 3557,

yes yes yes and yes , all good requests.
    I hope some or better all gets real :D
    HvD
    Possibly an old pro

• kamikaze3557 wrote:3. Make it possible to play wav, aiff or MP3 files from playlists. Great for playing music between sets, sound checks, singback, playback, contentum etc.

MP3 playback on the TouchMix wont be possible because of the MP3 licensing involved. We have a cool release coming soon that should address this request. Stay tuned...

Thanks,
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products

• - Mute FX via footswitch that mutes all 4 FX outputs at the same time (FX Mute All)
    - add MIDI Setup to Ipad app
    dougb256
    Compression driver

• dougb256 wrote:- Mute FX via footswitch that mutes all 4 FX outputs at the same time (FX Mute All)
    - add MIDI Setup to Ipad app

This function is available. Go to MIDI setup, Select Action=Mute, Selection=Toggle Mute Group, Detail= FX Mute

When the iPad 2.1 version is released shortly the MIDI setup will be available there.

Thanks,
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products, LLC
    Chris Brouelette
    QSC Audio Products

• Hmm, I thought I just updated the iPad app, and it mentiond the 2.1 update. The Languages panel is there, but not the MIDI Setup.
    dougb256
    Compression driver

• The version that I'm running on my iPad is 2.1.1.
    dougb256
    Compression driver

• I think one of the user configurable button functions should be able to increment a selection of faders by a user-selectable amount.

For example, if your monitors suddenly start feeding back because the singer has done something stupid (hey, we all know it happens), having a button that would drop all Aux sends by, say, 6dB as a panic button would be really useful.
    Could be done via DCAs - select a DCA and level change, and off you go. Thoughts?

Something I spotted on the iPad app is that if you set a user-defined button it to toggle a mute group, and then change the name of the mute group, the on-screen label doesn't update.
    Just a small thing.

Chris
    chris661
    The high rail

• So I can use a usb/midi footswitch, problem is only 2 usb ports! wifi dongle, hard drive/usb stick to record! ... no place for footswitch unless I can use a usb hub
    recommended usb/midi FS how many buttons can I assign?
    mjmeche
    Magnum

• can some one explain the purpose of Auxes to Main L/R Assignability -The auxiliary busses may now be assigned to the Main Left and Righ
    dmantrelz
    Rookie

• If your working on a better music player I hope it supports FLAC.
    Geert
    Rookie

• I'd love to see a full midi implementation. This would allow for so many other potential features, not just an effects mute pedal. For instance, you could use a Behringer BCF2000 to have 8 full throw moving faders, as well as a whole slew of buttons that, otherwise might be burrried deep in menus, readily available from the front panel of the BCF.

Tom
    TomBoisseau
    Possibly an old pro

• TomBoisseau wrote:I'd love to see a full midi implementation. This would allow for so many other potential features, not just an effects mute pedal. For instance, you could use a Behringer BCF2000 to have 8 full throw moving faders, as well as a whole slew of buttons that, otherwise might be burrried deep in menus, readily available from the front panel of the BCF.

Tom

+1
    chris661
    The high rail

• TomBoisseau wrote:I'd love to see a full midi implementation. This would allow for so many other potential features, not just an effects mute pedal. For instance, you could use a Behringer BCF2000 to have 8 full throw moving faders, as well as a whole slew of buttons that, otherwise might be burrried deep in menus, readily available from the front panel of the BCF.

Why would you buy a TM if you can't live without phsyical faders? It's like strapping wheels on a rocket. One of the things I like best about the TM is that nothing is buried deep in menus...

I appreciate the confirm on muting mains in the iPad app, but I'd still like to see the channel Mute buttons moved away from the edge of the screen...
    dlovrien
    Rookie

• • Fix the "Dimmed Screen" bug on start-up
    • Allow individual EQ and Comp parameters to be Saved in Presets.
    mix
    Magnum

• • Allow LOOPING on Playback.
    mix
    Magnum

• Chris Brouelette wrote:
    tomesson wrote:Agree with the playlist ability feature.

Sigh...

Tom

dougb256 wrote:FX Mute via footswitch.

FX Mute is available via MIDI footswitch. Look under Mute->Toggle Mute Group -> FX Mute (you need to scroll the page down to find it)

Thanks,

Chris,

I hate to report that FX Mute is not there...

Yes, I did scroll down the detail list and it was not there...

not here either...

latest firmware...
    Steph
    The high rail

Next

Return to TouchMix General Discussion

Information